This painting was part of a larger group of works that were part of my 2011 solo exhibition titled "Modified structures." The process was more or less working across several canvases at once, building up layers and taking them away. Most of my imagery focused on abstract shapes or layering of paint, some "broken" architectural forms, and the occasional appearance of a caped or shrouded human form, mixed in with some collage for good measure. All the titles in this series were improvisational word-play that I would come up with after the work was completed.
The original piece enjoys a place above the family piano in our dining room, and is one of my favorites from the series.
• Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base
• 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick poly-cotton blend canvas
• Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd2(470 g/m²)
• Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
• Matte finish coating
• 1.5″ (3.81 cm) deep
• Mounting brackets included
• Blank product in the EU sourced from Latvia
• Blank product in the US sourced from the US
This product is made especially for you as soon as you place an order, which is why it takes us a bit longer to deliver it to you. Making products on demand instead of in bulk helps reduce overproduction, so thank you for making thoughtful purchasing decisions!